Bookit is utilizing its world-class technologies to create new mobile relationships between companies and the growing world of the connected consumers.
Today, Bookit works with major global companies in logistics, travel, telecom, media and payments industries. Bookit’s Mobile Engagement Platform orchestrates hundreds of thousands of smart messages, helping companies build engagement and mobile customer experience by delivering the right message to the right person at the right time. Overall, Bookit has 20 employees in its offices located in Helsinki and Dallas.
Bookit is now looking for a
System Specialist to join our R&D team in Pasila, Helsinki
As a System Specialist you master our technical platform functions and configurations, monitor and ensure their smooth operation and further develop the reliability of our systems. You also actively participate in our 2nd and 3rd line support operations, use Bookit's own resources and subcontractors for operational administration and support.
Required skills to succeed in this tasks are
• Linux administration, preferably RHEL / CentOS, command line administration: basic packets and services configuring, cron, ssh etc.
• Experience in sh/bash scripting, preferably also perl, awk, sed, regexp or other similar scripting
• Basic SQL scripting, preferably PostgreSQL. Basic PostgreSQL tools: psql, pgAdmin, basic admin tasks with databases, backups, users etc.
• Using graphical database management tools like DBeaver or pgAdmin
• Some programming knowledge, preferably PHP or Java
• Basic skills on installing, configuring, troubleshooting and fixing server and LAN/WAN-network component setups, including physical installations
• Experience on a task/bug tracking, collaboration tools
• Ability to communicate in English, especially in writing, also speaking
• Interest, ability to technical customer support and good customer communication
• Interest in investigating, testing and finding issues in systems, solving them
What we can offer
At Bookit you will be working in one of the globally leading builders of business to consumer mobile solutions. Our customers are leading in their industries and your co-workers have long experience on the area. They will be supporting you, both technically and as a co-operating team.
Our salaries are competitive and we have a bonus program for all our employees.
If you are interested - apply online and attach your CV in English or Finnish. We are processing applications immediately after arrival.
Please submit your CV & applications by an email to firstname.lastname@example.org.